Do you want to make a bigger and more significant impact? Are you looking to take on more responsibility, and help us deliver better service and solutions to our clients?
The Senior Manager role at Digiata might be your next big challenge and a step up for your career.
We are looking for a Senior Manager: Client Relations and Project Delivery to join our team in Cape Town.
At Digiata this implies being responsible for delivering innovative software solutions to our financial services clients.
Leading our software engineering teams in delivering solutions. Leading client engagements, managing technical project delivery and looking after the people in our teams. Stretching your technical software & project management experience, and most importantly your people and leadership skills
- Project & solution delivery – project management, driving priorities, managing constraints, open & efficient communication channels, quality focus
- Client engagement & relations – building out true long-standing relationships based on trust and quality service
- Team lead and people management – mentoring people, one-on-one’s, career discussions – challenging and developing our people
- Business development – always looking to improve service & expand our offering to new business areas – exploring new business and tech themes
- Technical lead and expert – growing and leading from an expert tech base – and tapping tech resources in our environment
- Business insight – utilize and grow subject matter knowledge of our client’s business – providing better business solutions and consulting
It is a BIG ask? Is this what you are looking for?
It’s also very stimulating and challenging. And super satisfying to see projects to fruition and to help people thrive!
We get our kicks from solving difficult problems in an elegant & practical fashion. We get excited about data structures, process flows, data pipelines, optimizing processes, application integration problems, money management, UI & UX, best practice patterns, seemingly overwhelming odds, experimenting with new kit – and providing tangible business value.
We sweat the details, while keeping everything in practical context, and with a roving eye on better future-proof solutions.
You will have plenty of help and support from our directors, the awesome people in our engineering teams and the incredible clients we work with.
Together, we will also develop your experience & skills through our career development and review process.
Our business and reputation is built on hard, tough work, real commitment, smart ideas, business expertise, integrity and top quality delivery
Always and All-the-time
We are looking for individuals who we can build a genuine relationship with, based on integrity and trust. People with a focus on Quality and Innovation, who display Enthusiasm and Commitment.
- Choosing right over easy
- Building lasting, genuine relationships centered on our clients
- Tackling the unknown and uncertain with a curious, problem-solving mindset
- Being impactful and making a valuable contribution
- Staying adaptable and entrepreneurial
- Trusting each other, allowing our clients to trust us
How we work
The work is based from our Cape Town office with clients in the Cape Town area. Our work was mostly performed on site (pre-COVID) – close to our clients and our teams. And now with a mix of remote and office/client-based work. We and our clients intend to work more office-based, but also aim to be flexible and utilize the best aspects of remote and office-based work.
We do our best to keep people safe and healthy and have a mandatory COVID vaccine policy in place at Digiata.
- B.Sc, B.Eng or B.Com degree with IT related subjects as majors.
- From one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Wits, Pretoria, North West (Potchefstroom campus), Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela, Johannesburg
- With above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university.
- Matric results – A or B for Math HG
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and public speaking
- Strong and proven organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong automation mindset
- Critical thinker with quality focus
- At least 5 years’ worth of professional experience
- Have a strong technical background with experience in software engineering and project management leadership
- Significant experience leading projects from engagement through implementation and covering the full project lifecycle
- Implementing scalable solutions and building enterprise-wide systems
- Implementing and working with solutions for; system integration, middleware, automation, data migration, application interface, workflow & business process management
- Technical delivery experience through scoping, design, configuration, system testing, deployment & ongoing refactoring
- Business analysis, system analysis and requirements facilitation aspects of projects
- Hands-on experience with application support
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Experience in different delivery methodologies with agile leadership desirable
- Leading and mentoring other team members such as software engineers and analysts
- Line management including career development, career guidance & performance appraisals
- A proven track record of success in project delivery, preferably working in a regulated Financial Services environment
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Services business processes and functions. Preferably finance and operational processes such as money management, accounting, payments & collections, order management, reconciliation, data integrity control, system and data migration
- Key coordinator and liaison with clients, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, project coordinators and delivery teams
- Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the “big picture” enterprise-level view to the detailed level technical view
- Salary range is R70K to R100K per month, depending on experience
- Monthly Salary is cost to company, allowing you to manage your own financial planning
- Company funded Group Life and Disability cover
- 20 days annual leave and it will increase to 22 days on completion of year 3
- Financial assistance towards postgraduate studies
- Discretionary bonus