Momentum Retirement Administrators required a systems integration IT solution to aid in their process management. As the fourth largest retirement fund administrator in South Africa, they provide administration and investment accounting services to a number of retirement funds, they have more than 444 000 members and assets worth more than R116 billion under administration.
One of the Momentum’s core functions revolves around managing correspondence, to this end efficient process management is essential. Firstly, outgoing correspondence; the sending out of letters and forms for completion by members. After this, the next function is the processing of returned forms, along with any other forms of documentation sent to the client for storage. Lastly, these documents will be stored on a centralised document storage system specifically created for incoming correspondence.
One of the core requirements presented by the client entailed the provision of a process management solution enabling them to generate hundreds of letters a day, which would then be sent out to members via email.
The process management solution required the printing and processing of incoming scanned documents through the differentiation of forms and non-forms. Lastly, the solution would have to store all created and processed documents on a server, ensuring they are available 24 hours a day.
Since Digiata is a partner of the Twenty57 development group, the process management solution incorporates four products from its core suite; Linx, Stadium, Formz and ImageStore, to facilitate all the aspects of the requirements.
The approach taken to address the implementation of outgoing correspondence involved the following steps:
- Retrieval of data from the client’s system using a Linx process, followed by populating a Forms template with the relevant fields.
- Saving generated letters as PDFs on ImageStore and making it available on either Stadium for printing, or sending it to a member via email.
- Pre-populating a Teleform form (in certain instances) with member number details, which will accompany the letter sent out.
- Revising the client’s system with status updates and image reference numbers in order to complete the process.
While the process management of incoming correspondence is multifaceted, the focus was on the following:
- Processing documents received by the client need to be barcoded and scanned by users before being transferred to ImageStore for retrieval through Linx.
- Documents not considered to be forms need their details updated on the client’s system, whereby forms can be verified by the optical character recognition software of a third party. The company’s system would then populated with the extracted data fields received during the course of this exercise.
The implementation of the solution by Digiata provided the following advantages to the client:
- Various checks and validation procedures were put in place in order to ensure that the correct information was populated on letters, and that incoming documents were processed correctly.
- A Stadium front-end system enabled users to access up-to-date views on the status of work items, thus allowing various actions to be performed via the front-end pages.
- The processing of documents and the generation of letters now occurs timeously, with little overhead. In addition the system supports 24-hour availability.
- The tools used in development and implementation of this system have the reputation of quality and reliability.
To find out how we can solve your systems integration-related business problem please contact us.