A leading bond originator in Southern Africa that was established in 2003, assists clients with the home loan application process, from start to finish (and free of charge). They approached Digiata to replace and streamline all functionality associated with their current commissioning system.
The current commissioning system was not catering to all of the client’s requirements, so they had resorted back to a manual process that was conducted and managed outside of their system.
This resulted in the increased prevalence of avoidable human errors in all daily functions, such as the auditing, tracking, consolidation and centralisation of business information. Added to this, the overall risk profile of the business increased due to an inadequate disaster recovery system, which left them exposed and vulnerable to data loss.
Digiata identified the following challenges within the current commissioning system:
- An outdated software system that was no longer appropriately supported or utilised
- A system with zero functionality to update system or business rules
- Little to no transparency regarding their current business rules
- A severe lack of auditing, tracking and adequate reporting
We used a two-phased approach to address the challenges.
Initially, we carried out an in-depth and full analysis of their current system and business processes, which we then used to construct a high-level, big-picture view of the existing environment and the client requirements.
Once this conceptual view was finalised, a detailed costing and solution proposal was presented to the client. They were relieved to find that we had proposed multiple approaches to their problems, as well as a costing plan to suit their pockets.
After thorough discussions, a clear course of action was agreed upon before the implementation phase of the project was started.
The new commissioning system now facilitates:
- Bank Income Imports
- Claim Imports
- Automatic creation of Claims
- Dynamic creation of Commission Types
- Dynamic setting of payment frequencies on all Commission Types
- Dynamic creation of Commission Rates (Banded rates and Capped rates)
- Agent Commission Calculation and Payments (Broker Payments)
- Consultant Commission Calculation and Payments (Salary Payments)
- Beneficiary Management
- Business Structure Management (Head Office/Regions/Branches etc.)
- Cash Focus Integration
- VIP Payroll Integration
- SAP Integration