Skills and Knowledge
- BCom, B.Sc, or B.Eng degree with computer related subjects as majors, from one of the following universities: UCT, Stellenbosch, Johannesburg, Wits, Pretoria, North West, Free State, KZN, Nelson Mandela
- Above average results. Guideline is 60% average at university and A or B for Maths HG in matric.
- Solid database knowledge – SQL, Oracle
- 2 to 3 years’ financial services experience – investments or asset management experience will be an advantage
- Good understanding of the development process
- Completing task as assigned to the individual.
- Proactively provide feedback to person that has delegated the work
- Test peers solution
- Testing (Unit and end to end testing)
- Involved UAT
- Deployment in UAT, QA, Prod and DR
- Support and Maintenance
- Systems Documentation
- Take ownership of components of the solution
- Have a satisfactory understanding of business and solutions
Design and Analysis
- Review requirements documentation. Involved in the design sessions
- Capture tasks on Basecamp.
- Participate in scrum/update sessions.
- Basecamp tasks are at a higher level.
- Tasking where applicable
- Complete timesheets in a timely manner
Salary and benefits
- Salary range R15 to R25K pm cost to company depending on experience
- Group Life and disability cover
- 15 days annual leave